Since its inception, SRI Surgical has helped hospitals significantly reduce the amount of medical waste generated by their surgical areas by converting disposable surgical products to a reusable platform. It is estimated that by converting to SRI Surgical’s reusable platform, hospitals have saved up to 70% of their waste disposal poundage and costs.
In addition, our service centers are designed for highly efficient, environmentally friendly operation.
- Validated steam sterilization process is environmentally friendly and cost effective.
- State-of-the-art and properly sized equipment (boilers, washers, dryers, utensil washers, cart washers, etc.) is energy efficient.
- Heat exchanger system reclaims approximately 90% of the heat that is in the wastewater produced by our plants. This system allows SRI Surgical to preheat incoming water without the use of additional energy.
- Average temperature of wastewater leaving the plant ranges between 80°-100°, well below the general EPA standard of 140°.
- Wastewater is filtered through a unique micro-mesh filter prior to discharge to prevent heavy particulates from entering the wastewater stream.
- Unique hot water generation system is highly fuel efficient.
- SRI Surgical constantly works with industry leaders on systems and processes to further enhance the environmentally friendly nature of our facilities.